- December 21 – Beverly Henderson Book Signing. Beverly will have a meet the author/book signing at the Stephens Central Library on Thursday, December 21 (Artwalk Thursday). For more information, contact Beverly at email@example.com
- December 12 – Holiday party for members and guests. (See the blog post.) The Holiday Party will be held at our usual location, First Place, 14 Harris Street, San Angelo, Texas. Snacks and coffee will be available starting at 6:30 pm and the presentations will begin at 7:00 pm. Members will have an opportunity to talk about their projects and read from their work.
- November 14 – Marcie Bosequett, “Resources for Writers at the Stephens Library.” This is a presentation and tour of the Stephens (downtown) branch of the Tom Green County Library, 33 West Beauregard, San Angelo, Texas. The meeting will be held downstairs where we can socialize and have snacks. Coffee and snacks at 6:30 pm and presentation at 7:00 pm as usual. See you at the library!
- October 10 – Manning Wolfe, “Legal Issues for Authors.” Manning Wolfe is an attorney, blogger, and author. Her latest award-winning book is DOLLAR SIGNS: Texas Lady Lawyer vs Boots King.” Catch up with Manning on her website, manningwolfe.com.
- September 12 – Dr. Chris Ellery, “Literature and Values.” Dr. Ellery teaches courses in creative writing, American literature and film studies at Angelo State University. Among other honors, Ellery won first prize in the eighth biennial X. J. Kennedy Awards for Creative Nonfiction for his memoir, “A Boy of Bethany.” In 2016, he published his fourth book of original poems, this one titled “Elder Tree.”
- July 18 – Meet the Author – Matt de la Pena. The Stephens Central Library is holding a Meet the Author at 2 p.m. Tuesday, July 18, in the library’s third floor Suggs Community Room, 33 W. Beauregard. Brooklyn resident Matt de la Pena, author of children’s books and young adult novels, is the featured guest. His titles include “The Hunted,” “We Were Here” and “Mexican Whiteboy.” He won the 2016 Newberry Medal for “Last Stop on Market Street” and has written two books in Scholastic’s multimedia Infinity Ring series, “Curse of the Ancients” and “Eternity.”
- June 12 – Members of the the club read their recent prose and poetry. A new website (this site) was discussed.
- May 9 – The Art of the Book. John Osterhout, author of The Schnoz of the Rings, a Lord of the Rings parody, discussed how to give the interior of your book a professional look.
- April 11 – Cynthia Jordan, writer and recording artist, discussed her recent Gem Trilogy Pearl, Diamond, and Ruby. Cynthia also discussed her experiences as a writer, publisher, and recording artist.
- March 13 – Laurence Musgrove, writer and professor of English, spoke about the 21st annual Angelo State University Writers Conference featuring Anne Hillerman.
- February 14 – Mike Thompson spoke to the Writers Club about his experiences in writing and publishing. Mike is a prolific writer of western novels. Among his well known novels are Grit, Wolf Point, and the recent The Turbulent Trail.
- January 10 – Stan Denny read and discussed his poetry.