San Angelo Writers Club
The San Angelo Writers Club was founded in 1986 to promote fellowship, mutual learning, and support among writers in all media.
The San Angelo Writers Club meets the second Tuesday of every month at First Place, 14 Harris Street, San Angelo, Texas. Coffee and snacks are served at 6:30 pm and the presentations begin at 7:00 pm. Membership is $20.00 per year.
- The San Angelo Writers Club is taking a writing break for the summer. The next meeting will be in September.
- September 11 – Welcome back! Presentation TBA.
- October 9 – Presentation TBA.
- November 13 – Presentation TBA
- December – Holiday party for members and guests. Time and location TBA. Members talk about their projects and read from their work.
- June 12 – Members of the the club read their recent prose and poetry. A new website (this site) was discussed.
- May 9 – The Art of the Book. John Osterhout, author of The Schnoz of the Rings, a Lord of the Rings parody, discussed how to give the interior of your book a professional look.
- April 11 – Cynthia Jordan, writer and recording artist, discussed her recent Gem Trilogy Pearl, Diamond, and Ruby. Cynthia also discussed her experiences as a writer, publisher, and recording artist.
- March 13 – Laurence Musgrove, writer and professor of English, spoke about the 21st annual Angelo State University Writers Conference featuring Anne Hillerman.
- February 14 – Mike Thompson spoke to the Writers Club about his experiences in writing and publishing. Mike is a prolific writer of western novels. Among his well known novels are Grit, Wolf Point, and the recent The Turbulent Trail.
- January 10 – Stan Denny read and discussed his poetry.