San Angelo Writers Club
The San Angelo Writers Club was founded in 1986 to promote fellowship, mutual learning, and support among writers in all media.
Like us on Facebook: San Angelo Writers Club
The San Angelo Writers Club meets the second Tuesday of every month at First Place, 14 Harris Street, San Angelo, Texas. Coffee and snacks are served at 6:30 pm and the presentations begin at 7:00 pm. Membership is $20.00 per year.
- Summer Break! The San Angelo Writers Club will take a summer break to, well, write. We will start up again in September. Watch this space or check out our Facebook page.
- If you are having a book signing or know of any book events in town, please let the webmaster (webmaster<at>sanangelowritersclub<dot>org) and we can list them here.
- May 8 – Kathy Keaton. San Angelo’s own Piccolo the Clown, also known as Kathy Keaton, will present a program on writing humor at the San Angelo Writers Club on Tuesday, May 8, the last meeting before the summer break. Kathy, author of the new book “Prescription Humor,” came to San Angelo as a young military wife and donned the persona of Piccolo as something she thought would be easy and fun. She soon found that bringing a smile to injured servicemen and sick children had become a calling. She has worked as a Therapeutic Hospital Clown at San Angelo Community Medical Center for the past 15 years. In her book, she shares true stories of humor from the hospital halls. See the blog post.
- April 10 – Michelle Morrow. Michelle Morrow, a San Angelo-based developmental editor who has worked on New York Times best-selling books, will present a program on developmental editing. A graduate of San Angelo Central High School, Morrow has lived in the Concho Valley for 27 years. She began a book review blog that led to her career as a developmental editor. She has worked in a wide variety of genres, including science fiction, self-help, Christian fiction and romance.
- March 13 – Dana Glossbrenner “Self Promoton and Other Monsters” Dana Glossbrenner, local writer and San Angelo Writers Club President, will discuss way to become visible as a writer – way that become less scary the more you do them! See Dana Glossbrenner’s writers page here.
- Feburary 22-23, 2018 – The 22nd ASU Writer’s Conference in Honor of Elmer Kelton. The featured writer for the 2018 conference will be Brian Turner. See the blog post.
- February 13 – Rev. Janie Kelley. The Rev. Janie Kelley, a San Angelo author, speaker, spiritual coach and ordained minister, will speak to the San Angelo Writers Club on Tuesday, Feb. 13, on how to write for and publish in the genre of spirituality/self-help. A native Texan, Kelley came to San Angelo more than 10 years ago to serve as the minister to Unity Church of San Angelo. In 2012, she created “Living Full-Tilt,” an informative, fun-filled workshop to address the common feeling of scarcity, lack and limitation shared by too many people. Her first book, “Living Full-Tilt, Proven Principles for Living Your Life in Freedom, Joy and Plenty,” was released in 2017 through Balboa Press.
- January 9 – Christi Snow. San Angelo author Christi Snow will bring her insights on the perils and pluses of co-authoring to the San Angelo Writers Club meeting Tuesday, Jan. 9. Snow has 27 published books in various romance genres, writing both as Christi Snow and as one half of the writing duo KB Jacobs. As an avid reader her entire life, Christi Snow always dreamed of writing books that brought to others the kind of joy she felt when she read. When her husband retired from the Air Force, Christi decided it was time to chase her dream and she started writing. She hasn’t stopped since. Her tagline is: Passion and adventure on the road to Happily Ever After.
- Earlier Events – Please go to the Previous Events Page!